The Optical YS Converter mounts inside the housing and connects to the camera's hot-shoe. It converts the camera's electronic TTL signal to a light signal which is transfered to your strobes via *Fiber-Optic Cables.
* SEA&SEA multi-core Fiber-Optic Cable II's must be used with Optical YS Converters.
TTL and Manual modes can be selected by pressing the Mode Switch on the housing.
Advantages of using the Optical YS Converter instead of the camera's built-in flash (or hardwiring via the bulkhead);
- Risk of water-ingress and flooding via the strobe bulkhead is eliminated.
- The camera's battery will last longer.
- External strobes will fire in accordance with their quickest recycle time.
- No inner reflections from camera's built-in flash.
- Compared with slave TTL, the Optical YS Converter achieves far greater accuracy in TTL exposure/output.
- Optical YS Converter is compatible with SLR cameras that do not have a built-in flash.